Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wandering in St. Paul. Black and White.


Hello everyone. Aaaah, been such a nice couple of weeks. Went out on a hike the other day. We were trying to scout some areas that may or may not have had manholes that led to a certain subterranean area of interest. We meandered around a bit, around a grain elevator near the Mississippi River.
It was a very pretty area. I love railroads. And mills remind me of home. There were some birds...
And some other aesthetically pleasing setups.
I love the contrast between nature and industry. Flora and metal. Ya know. Rust and grass. It's gorgeous. I did waste some time and shoot some B&W's of some ditch weeds.
From the train tracks, we could see Schmidt Brewery. Probably the most gorgeous building I've ever been to. I had to snap a picture.
And taking a glimpse easternly, you can see Island Station.
So, we wander over toward I.S. It's about a hundred years old and has been abandoned since shortly after its completion. We pussyfoot around the area a while. Not with the intentions of going in, (it's old hat) but just because we have nothing better to do.
I had to snap pictures of the purdy weeds.
We were able to gain entrance.
And snapped a few more photos from the roof.
Great view. Very nice roof. And I really dig how graffiti looks in B&W. Will definitely be taking more black and white photos, I think. A good day. Till next time! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally I know how to get in. Gonna go there and smoke weed everyday.